8 Dishes, 1 sambal and 1 dessert recipe to cook
Covert Price to Your Currency
[icon name=”bell-o” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]What You Can Expect
Trade a day of your city life with us. Join for half a day in the morning or afternoon to learn about the cuisine and food culture of Bali.
Start with a visit to the morning market to see day to day life of countryside people interact in the traditional market. We will have a chance to taste and sample some local tropical fruit or family recipe cake during our visit.
As part of our Farm cooking school, we proudly cultivate our own exotic organic vegetation. Upon arrival, you will be given a tour around our organic farm and learn how a Balinese family expertly uses the natural resources surrounding them to create a self-sustaining farm.
The fresh ingredients you pick from this very field will be used to prepare your favourite dishes in your Balinese cooking School later on.
Our kitchens are spacious and well equipped. You will learn about the herbs and spices used, interesting myths behind them and of course how to cook them.
Sign up for our hands-on cooking class and get a new skill and knowledge to create memorable dishes for your friends and family once you get back home!
[icon name=”lightbulb-o ” class=”fa-2x” unprefixed_class=””]Highlights
- 6.5-hour Experience from market tour, farm tour and hands-on cooking
- Fully hands-on cooking experience
- A visit to local farmer market
- Farm tour to see the live sample of spices use and tropical vegetation for cooking and medecine
- Learn to prepare delicious basic spices in Balinese food and how to use it
- Discover Balinese cooking methods with an expert chef
- Free printed recipe book and our design PDF recipe (downloadable)
- All the food you cook is yours (you can take to the hotel)
- Small-group class with a maximum of 14 people ensures a personalized experience
- Coming soon! a link to our Balinese cooking blog for more Balinese and Indonesian recipe ideas
[icon name=”calendar-check-o” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Availability
We open everyday (7 days a week)
- 7:30 am to 14:00 pm (Morning Class, with market visit)
- 12:30 pm to 6:00 pm (Afternoon Class, NO market visit)
Select 8 Dishes
- Pesan Be Pasih (fish dumpling)
- Tum Ayam (chicken dumpling)
- Be Pindang Mebase Tomat (salted cooked fish with tomato sauce)
- Sate Lilit Ayam (traditional chicken kebab)
- Sate Lilit Babi (traditional pork kebab)
- Sate Manis (pork satay in sweet sauce)
- Sate Serapah (chicken liver satay)
- Lawar Celeng (mixed vegetable and pork salad)
- Timbungan (pork bone soup)
- Gerang Asem Bali (chicken bone soup)
- Nasi Goreng (Balinese fried rice)
- Bebek Megoreng (fried duck with sambal)
- Lawar Be Siap (mix vegetable with chicken salad)
- Lawar Kalungah (young coconut salad)
- Jukut Undis (black peas soup)
- Ayam Pelalah (Balinese shredded chicken)
- Ayam Panggang Sere Tabia (grilled chicken with chili sauce)
- Be Tutu Ayam (slow cooked chicken)
- Babi Kecap (pork in sweet soy sauce)
- Jukut Nangka (young jackfruit soup)
- Jukut Ares (young banana trunk soup)
- Jukut Pusuh Biu (soup of banana flower)
- Jukut Paku Mekalas (wild fern salad)
- Pesan Wong (mushroom dumpling)
- Babi Genyol (slow cooked pork)
Select 1 Sambal
- Sambal Matah (fresh shallot and chili sambal)
- Sambal Ulek (tomato and chili sambal)
- Sambal Mbe Goreng (deep fried shallot and chili sambal)
[icon name=”cutlery” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Select 1 Dessert
- Godoh Biu (fried banana with coconut)
- Biu Lalung (boiled banana coated with flour)
- Bubuh Sumsum (flour porridge with palm sugar)
- Kolak Pisang (sweet stewed banana)
- Kue Dadar Gulung (roll cake fill with coconut and palm sugar)
- Sumping Waluh (sweet flour and pumpkin dumpling)
[icon name=”check-square-o” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Inclusions
- Free round-trip transfer : from Ubud center area
- All cooking ingredients and the food your cook
- Free recipe booklet and PDF recipe (downloadable)
- Local market visit
- Organic farm tour
- 6 dishes and 1 dessert
- 1 Bottle of mineral water
[icon name=”times-circle-o” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Exclusions
- Special menu request (at extra charge)
- Additional drinks
- Transfer outside Ubud center (at extra charge)
[icon name=”exclamation-triangle” class=”fa-2x” unprefixed_class=””] Additional Information
[icon name=”car” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Pickup Options
- Free pick up service included ONLY for: Ubud center area.
- If your hotel is located in: Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Jimbaran, Nusa Dua and Sanur select the cost accordingly in the time booking.
- Otherwise, please meet up at Ubud Tourist Infomation Center meeting point – 7:30 am
[icon name=”calendar-check-o” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Confirmation
- Confirmation of availability will be received within 24 hours. Once confirmed, please present your booking receipt
- Deposit of IDR 100K per person is require for confirmation. PAY DEPOSIT HERE
[icon name=”calendar-times-o” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Cancellation
- Cancellation at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- Cancellation between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- Cancellation within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.